Monday, January 01, 2007

Acid

So I spent most of yesterday curled up in a tiny ball trying to avaoid throwing up my stomach lining. The lining is all that was left after 2 Tums and 1/2 glass of water went out the trap early in the day. Stomach flu, methinks. Achy muscles and joints, sweats and chills ... you know the drill. Needless to say, 2006 ended on a bit of a sour note.

I like to consider yesterday's experience as a cleansing of all things poinsonous from 2006 (mostly, my job). As it turns out, said job will be my job for only 9 more days. I got an offer for the interview whispering job the MOMENT I got off the phone with Spice a few days ago. Tomorrow I'm giving my 2 weeks notice. I'm excited to start a new phase. I just hope I can get my enthusiasm back. And I hope this puts an end to my job-hopping pattern of behavior.

5 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

Hooray for new job! Boo for flu! Take care of yourself - don't get pneumonia!

towwas said...

Yay for new job and boo boo boo for being sick. But mostly yay for new job! Yay! Yay!

Annie said...

So. Awesome. I can't wait to hear about the new job.

Annie said...

And boo to floo.

Anonymous said...

Yay flu boo job! I'm not doing this right, am I?

I went to a holiday party at which three dozen employees got food-poisoning, including me. The party was at a pretty swanky local landmark, so our collective sickness made the front page. I missed BurritoEater's bachelor party because of it.