Thursday, April 03, 2008

I'm Going To Die...or not.

I admit it - I'm a hypochondriac. In fact, I'm the worst kind of hypochondriac. I have a terrible time admitting when I'm sick (it takes a deathbed occurrence to make me feel okay about staying home from work), but once I admit I'm sick, I worry THE WORST HAS COME AND I'M GOING TO DIE.

Take today, for example. I have a horribly stiff neck as well as a headache that just won't ease up, and has been going on for 2 days. So I decided to stay home sick from work with what probably amounts to a minor head cold along with the the muscular repercussions of recent stresses at work. But (as per usual) I googled my symptoms ("stiff neck", in this case) and I now think I'm going to die (this time with friggin' meningitis). For some reason, the fact that I have no fever, or any other symptoms of meningitis, isn't enough to remove meningitis from the realm of possibility.

What the 'ef?

This probably has something to do with the Great Cancer Scare of 1999. But dude! That was almost 10 years ago! Get over yourself, J.Po....and just take a guiltless sick day from time to time, 'kay?

No comments: