So in case you haven't heard, REM put out a new album. It's getting really great reviews, with people saying it's their comeback album. I really really enjoyed 1-2 of their albums since loosing Bill Berry (esp. Up), but it seems like critics were waiting for the REM to rock again ... and they do with Accelerate. So good reviews are flowing forth.
So FYI (since I'm sure you care) - my favorite song on the new album is Until the Day is Done. It has a bit of a King of Birds* feel, albeit a little more dark with that howling sound deep in the background. Houston is also quite good. "If the storm doesn't kill you, the government will" - true that.
Who's looking forward to the concert? ME!
*one of my all-time REM faves, along with Nightswimming and Country Feedback and Electrolight and others that don't come to mind right now!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Are real REM fans horrified that Monster is my favorite album? I feel like a lot of people who listen to a lot of REM write it off as an outlier, but I lurve it. How is Kennth supposed to know the frequency? HOW?!?
If you like Monster, you'll probably like the new CD, J.Bro... Unfortunately, I don't like anything on Accelerate as much as I enjoy Kenneth or Strange Currencies or Let Me In. Still not into that album - argh.
I told Ole that I was upset that they were back to rocking, and he claimed that I was probably the only person ever to say that REM was "too rock."
I keep clicking here for house news, but there is no house news here! Feed me house news!
Post a Comment