Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Goal and Reward

The Jigs is currently on a campaign to lose some weight - 10 pounds to be exact - a goal that, if achieved, will win him this:


(I personally cannot stand the click and buzz of music-based video games, so I am trying to sabotage his efforts with baked goods and the like. But I digress.)

This is not the first time Jigs has set a goal-reward system for himself, and he has a long history of holding back on the reward until the goal is achieved. His will power is impressive.

Toward my own self-improvement, I've decided to set up my own goal-reward plan. I'm full of reward ideas, but a bit slim on goals.

So I decided to poll the blogring. Is anyone out there working on some sort of self-improvement right now? If so, what? And do you have a reward?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hey - I'm trying to shed the 10 lbs the job market and infant created (no one talks about weight gain and new dads - this is a real issue that affects real people, Mainstream Media), but I haaaaated Rock Band when I play my brother's copy. I don't like Guitar Hero either, though, so Jig's results may vary. I don't have a reward system though. Unless...is not looking like a sausage in my favorite suit a reward?

Anonymous said...

Sadly it's up to 15 lbs after that vacation. Damn you crab butter for being so irresistably delicious!

grrrbear said...

I'm also trying to drop about 10 pounds. It was the GF's idea for both of us to do it, but neither of us have a reward.

Maybe we should get us some rewards. Either that or one of us gets a reward and the other is the control group...I call not the control group!