Monday, August 04, 2008

Dark was....well....dark...

Jigs and I finally got out of the house for a date of sorts on Saturday night to see The Dark Knight. If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend that you do. And as you must have heard by now, it is DARK. And Heath Ledger is GOOD. And CREEPY. And I didn't *once* think during the movie that I was watching HL. Instead, I thought, "I'm watching the Joker and I'm scared."

The only negative thing I have to say about DK is about Batman. I *hated* Christian Bale's weird throaty accent when he was in the rubber suit. It was really distracting and I don't know why the movie team encourage it. Weird.

Anyhoo, I'm still sad about HL and his death - and especially sad that no pharmacist looked at his deathly mix of meds. But at least he went out with a good performance. (Albeit disturbing.)

7 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

I had the exact same reaction to the Batman voice - after the movie, I was like "I don't understand why he had to talk like this" (in the Batman voice). Really weird. Good movie, though.

J.Po said...

Oh BTW, Anthony Michael Hall was in the movie and Jigs and I still cannot figure out who he played. Anyone?

towwas said...

Yeah, I've seen parts of 10 Things I Hate About You a couple of times in recent months (I guess this is what TV stations are programming now) and, wow, he's great. Sad.

Annie said...

Loved that movie! I saw it on IMAX at the Sony Metreon, and let me tell you, WOW. Did you know that several of the scenes are shot in IMAX format? And that IMAX is estimated to be 100 megapixels per frame in resolution? When I saw it in the theater, I could see individual people in the street in those Hong Kong panning shots. It was outrageous!!!!!!

Hooray they got rid of that vapid Katie Holmes and replaced her with a very intelligent and engaging Maggie Gyllenhaal! And I didn't mind Christian Bale one bit. In fact I liked him a lot. That kiss with Rachel Dawes? Smoldering!

Anonymous said...

Missy and I were in Chicago during filming without realizing it. In fact, we didn't even know the movie was being filmed there. There was a crashed, burnt-out helicopter on the sidewalk surrounded by cones and we were completely dumbfounded - what the hell did we just miss? How did a helicopter crash without (1) it doing any other damage or (2) us seeing it on the news last night?!?

So we asked someone on the street - turns out it was just a prop.

Anonymous said...

I had to look it up. Apparantly, Anthony Michael Hall played an anchorman of a Gotham City news program who reported on a couple Batman/Joker related events while characters from the movie watched him TV. Frankly, even knowing his role, I don't remember him or any scene he was in. Nice comeback AMH!

Stacey Pelika said...

AMH's comeback started a few years ago with some show on USA - he looks totally different now, so I'm not surprised that none of us spotted him in the movie!