I feel guilty and excited all at once. I think I may actually take that job I interviewed for last week. They want someone to start in early January. We're pushing up on the two week notice timepoint - like, soon. My current job has been a nuthouse since late July - too much to do, too little time, no clarity on responsibilities and roles, inappropriate reinforcements, very little mentorship. And I'm the only one in the office who has the skillz to complete a lot of tasks that are coming down the pipeline (or more accurately stated - stuck at the very end of the pipeline in a big mass that's about to explode out the end). AND I FEEL SO GUILTY.
Assuage my guilt, please.
Friday, December 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Since crazy-job seems to coincide with no-blogging, there's a good chance new-job would mean more-blogging. And that makes me happy. If you can make one person happy for every one person you let down, then you're karmically even-steven.
Take the job. Do it as a birthday present to me and R.Val, who I think I can safely speak for. We'd both appreciate it greatly. Your current job sucks.
Take the job!
it's guilt-trade.
If you don't take the job, then the catholic in you might feel guilty about talking about how much your current job sucks to your friends!!
I'm so excited for you that this opportunity has come up. You owe them nothing. NO GUILT!!
Oh yeah, no guilt! If you didn't take it, you'd feel guilty for not allowing yourself to have what sounds like an awesome job with an awesome mentor who could have a big effect on your entire career path! The old-office guilt will probably dissipate as soon as you start the new job. In the words of Ben Stiller: "DOOOOOOO IT!"
Would you have felt guilty leaving Enron before it collapsed? 'Cuz give what I'm hearing, whomever you're working for seems like it's going nowhere fast.
You are young, and you need to save your sanity for your friends, family, and other loved ones since we're the ones who need to deal with you for the next 60-70 years. So do it for the children...
[edit: stupid lack of editable comments...]
Honey, the suspense? It kills. Don't make me move you back onto the dormant list.
Post a Comment