Friday, December 01, 2006

A week ago I started considering applying for new positions due to longstanding dissatisfaction with my job. On Tuesday, I got wind of an opening with someone known to be bright, clear, and a good mentor. (JUST what I need after working with the opposite of that.) I inquired about the job on Wednesday afternoon (while home illin' with a nastacular cold). By Wednesday night, I was quickly re-working my CV and writing a cover letter for said job because the folks conducting interviews were finishing up THIS WEEK. I sent my resume and, within 2 hours, I had an interview set up for today.

The kicker to my rapid-fire-job-huntin story is that I COMPLETELY lost my voice as a result of that nastacular cold and had to do an hour-and-a-half interview today via wispers (with an occassional squawk). It was the most bizarre - and most amuzing - experience I've had in a long time. And I think the interview actually went well. Weird.

Singning off,
The interview whisperer

5 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

Hooray for a good interview! Boo for no voice!

J.Po said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J.Po said...

Note to readers:

I know how to spell "amusing". Occassionally, my deficits in spelling reach peaks of complete ineptitude. I'm maintaining the spelling error in the post as proof that capable people can be horrible spellerz.

Annie said...

Holy crap! That's so freaking fast!!!!!!!!! We need to get together before Christmas. I'm going down to SM sometime, when you feel better.

towwas said...

Oh my gosh, dude! How exciting!