Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blah blah blah.

Ugh. I just don't blog like I did back in my 20s, largely because I don't do anything blog-worthy anymore.

This is pretty much my life:
I go to work, I go home, I go to bed, I get up, I go to work, I go home, I go to bed, I get up....

How does a person inject excitement into such monotony? And is this what the 30s is all about? And will buying a house liven things at all? And hows about that dog (which Jiggity and I have already named), will he/she make things more interesting, or just add one more boring task ("walk the dog") to the life-reel?

Maybe this is why people start having babies - to shake things up a bit.

Ugh.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Sounds like a trip to Hawaii will liven things up. Good thing you're going!

Stacey Pelika said...

I feel like this all the time. Get up, work, eat, work, eat, work, watch TV, try to sleep, read, take Ambien, sleep, repeat over and over and over and over and over and over.

I guess this is why people have hobbies, but I don't have time for them now! Maybe this summer...

towwas said...

Huh. Yeah, how about a hobby?

Shannon said...

Dogs (and pets in general) are awesome! When we first got our dog, I was a little overwhelmed by the responsibilities of pet owning, but now it's wonderful. I find nightly dog walks really relaxing, and our dog is really sweet and loves to snuggle. You should start visiting local animal shelters to find a dog that fits in with your family.

Anonymous said...

Re your last line: No, no, no, you *never* shake a baby!

Wait, what did you write again? I'm having trouble reading straight because my life has been shaken up by this baby.