Thursday, March 13, 2008

MEAT!

Yesterday I had a 20 minute conversation with my coworkers about how to best cook a steak.

Then I called Jigs on the way home and was like, "Hey [Jigs], wanna grill steaks tonight?"

Then he said, "But will this allow time for my Guild Night? Remember: Wednesday night is Guild Night."

[I previously announced that I will no longer be making dinner for him on Guild Night since he completely ignores the fact that I exist on such nights.]

But it was determined that we could, in fact, get in 45 minutes of food preparation before Guild Night was to commence.

So I stopped by the local market on the way home and bought (get this) 2 POUNDS OF T-BONE STEAK. Don't ask how I thought 2 lbs. of steak is an appropriate amount for 2 people. But I'll have you know, I polished off my pound - down to gnawing on the bone - in less than 15 minutes. Jigs was unable to maintain the stamina, and stopped short of a clean plate (leaving the triangle of the meat that seems to be more fat than meat....so delicious...and so lonely and cold, left on his plate....)

I'm thinking I've been experiencing low iron levels. Cause I've been EX-HAUSTED for 2 weeks ... and today I have the energy of a 2000 watt light bulb. Is that a lot of energy? I think so....

4 comments:

Annie said...

sounds like low iron or low protein to me, glad you found the cure - steak!

as for guild night, he does well to keep it to one night a week. i'm impressed he manages to keep it so contained...

J.Po said...

Sophist, he deserves not your praise! Anyone confused about this so-called "Guild Night"? Try googling WOW widows.

towwas said...

Huh. Iron. I should try iron. Actually, I have some beef stew thawed in the fridge...maybe I'll go heat it up right now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sophist!

-the knitting widow