Friday, May 16, 2008

BIG NEWS!!! VERY BLOG-WORTHY!!!!!!!!

So I haven't been blogging. And the crazy thing is, I have a motherload of things to blog about. Such a motherload, in fact, that I've had no time to blog. Isn't that just the way? For the longest time, I had just sortof run out of interesting things to say - especially after my overwhelming enthusiasm for Obama was not matched by a tidal wave of support across the nation. But then I got my own little tidal wave of excitement, and had plenty to say with no time to say it. (By the way, the whole dem primary has become quite exhausting to watch, although I am pleased to see the recent increase in movement behind our inevitable candidate. I heard Edwards.)

Anyhoo, big news today!! The Jigs and I are officially home owners as of a few hours ago!!! HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES? I haven't been making my comments about the insanity of our house hunt very public (at least not blog-style public) because I was worried about jinxing us. Plus, there was the whole time factor discussed above. Did I forget to mention, we bid on a house, went to Hawaii for a week, went camping, and closed on a house over the course of the last 3 weeks? Enough said.

Without going into exhaustive detail, buying a house in Silicon Valley is unlike buying a house in most areas across the country right now. It's competitive, and there's low supply for a relatively high demand. Jigs and I were in a multiple offer situation and we put in a bid with no contingencies (we had inspections from the sellers) and a promise close the sale in under 30 days. That's what it takes in the game we were playing (that and our fantabulous real estate agent, the "E Factor"). It payed off though!! After reviewing our bid IN THE HOSPITAL 2 DAYS AFTER THE WIFE HAD A C-SECTION, the sellers accepted us and we moved forward. Now, less than 4 weeks later, WE'RE HOME OWNERS. With a giant mortgage and the need to tighten the belt. But who cares. WE'RE HOME OWNERS.

So by now you're jumping out of your seats awaiting the first pics of OUR HOME. When asked at dinner with buds last week to describe the style of the home, I responded "adorable." A fair assessment, don't you think?

So who's gonna be the first house guest? Come on! DO IT!!!!

5 comments:

towwas said...

HOLY CRAP. And Omg. It is so cute!! That is so exciting! Yay! I want to visit! E-mail me the address so I can google map it, ok?

Annie said...

I'm there. Name the date.

Anonymous said...

It's really an adorable house, and it looks really well-taken-care-of - congrats!

J-Vo said...

absolutely beautiful! wish some of your good luck would rub off on us (12 months looking for a house and counting...)!!!

grrrbear said...

OMG! And all the furniture is INVISIBLE! AWESOME!!!!!111!!!ONE!!

Congrats on being all grown-up! It is kinda scary until you get through closing. I can relate, I just refinanced a few weeks ago and it was an agonizing process of getting the approval under all the "new rules" for mortgages on condos. Stupid subprime people...