D'oh! Spice announced in the comments on Grrr's blog that I'm blogging again. So I better blog.
Status report on new job: I'm at the end of my 4th day. I'm currently sitting in my OFFICE where my computer faces AWAY from the hallway pretending to do statistics but actually BLOGGING. I should clarify. There aren't any statistics to do yet. So it sounds like I'm getting away with something. But really, I'm filling the 20 minutes before I feel okay about leaving.
Anyhoo, here's my first-four-days impression of my future here:
- I'm going to have to learn a hell-o-alot about writing scripts to manipulate databases.
- I think I will actually be appreciated for my skills, which largely lie outside those of the people in this particular office. This environment works for me (rather than one where we all do the same thing).
- Free pasteries are provided every morning by the neighboring *-bucks. I need to constantly remind myself of the 'one-pastery-per-week' rule.
- I like having my own office. I've rearranged my pencils and post-its 5 times in the last hour.
- My supervisor is very kind and straightforward. I like direct communication.
- It's really nice to work at a place that has very good human resources contacts.
- I think I should start a retirement fund.
Friday, February 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! Welcome back!
And yes, as Ali G would say, you should totally "fire up dat 401K action yo. Fer real, fer real. Respect."
Free pastries would be my undoing. My gooey, delicious undoing.
Free pastries? Holy cow. And definitely start saving for retirement, yo. I don't want to have to support you in my old age.
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »
Post a Comment