Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Nicknames

J.Bro's recent comment about my Spice-give nickname "Chipsie" sparked thoughts about other nicknames I've been given over the years. The name that still confounds me is one given by my best friend in 3rd grade. (Said friend was all trouble .... Spice and Sophist know the one (M.G.).)

The nickname? Jo Bo the Dancin' Ho.

I'll have you know, that name said more about G.H. than it did about me at AGE 8.

What's your strangest nickname?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In high school, "Doink". I have no idea why. It's kind of half the Law & Order theme-noise, years before that noise became a "thing".

I always wanted a cool nickname, but my first name doesn't lend itself to anything good and I guess I don't strike people as a "Killer" or "Tiny".

towwas said...

"Mellie" is pretty much all I've got. And nobody but my parents calls me that, so don't try it.

Oh, and briefly I think I was "Kamrar of the Prairie People." Spice, do you remember whose nickname was whose on that road trip?

Stacey Pelika said...

Dude, Kamrar of the Prairie People!

I believe my adventure name was "The Wombat of the North," and my blues name was the infamous "Spicy Beef Melt" (which is, yes, where "Spice" came from - that one really stuck!).

Robert: The Spatula of the Working Class (later shorted to the still-used "Spatch") and, uh, I don't remember his blues name, although it's at the tip of my mind.

David "Homeskillet" McGee, plus an adventure name I don't recall.

Did that trip also involve the Choose Your Own Adventure starring OAM prez "Stephan R. Louis"?

Other nicknames that are at least mildly interesting:

-St. Louis Park (where I'm from and featuring the same initials as my name, which seems pretty cool when you're like 8)
-Boogie Woogie (mom only)
-Snakii/Snakki/Snakii Fud (shared by me and She Who Is also Known as Paco)
-Spel (Stanford-era nickname derived from my e-mail address)
-E (also Stanford-era, used to distinguish me from the 'Stacy' in the office, who became "No E")

I have had a lot of nicknames!

Stacey Pelika said...

J.Bro, I'd also like to say that I'm proud that I played a role in giving you the experience of having a good nickname!

Annie said...

I was "Fish" for several years in high school. And since then I've been "Haveanotherdonut-youfatpig" and "Haveanotherdonut-youtubbybitch" on account of my having been rather string-bean-ish at one time. Now I'm less skinny.

towwas said...

Also, don't forget Bondurant Altoona, although I don't think anyone was actually assigned that name.