Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Best. Present. Ever.

So there's all this talk on the blogs about favorite holiday gifties. Lest my announcement get buried in a comment for last week's posts, I'm making my declaration on this here blog.

You'll be surprised to find that my favorite present this year was NOT the discovery that Jigs didn't receive Guitar Hero III or Rock Band. Oh no no. My favorite came from the Jigs himself. He got me a double boiler, which I've wanted for years but held back from buying since it seems like such an indulgence! No more seizing chocolate while making truffles. WEE!!

I actually guessed that a double boiler was tucked away in one of the wrapped boxes, but I didn't announce my guess because I have an uncanny ability to predict the contents of wrapped gifts (and, therefore, ruin the anticipation). Just ask Spice. There was a year that I suspected she'd gotten me Giant Pocky and a pencil box. And she did. And I guessed it, audibly. Ruined the surprise - for her more than me.

Anyhoo, there it is. Another Christmas gone. And another happy year for me. Jigs is happy too. I gifted him a dartboard and snazzy dartboard cabinet. He plans to put it in Mantown, as soon as we buy a house. Guitar Hero will be going to Mantown too. Whew.

1 comment:

towwas said...

So you're saying my last week's comments section is the hinterland of the blogworld, is that what you're saying?

Double boiler - awesome!! I got a creme brulee torch one year and was totally happy about it in the same way. Because it's so ridiculous and unnecessary and SO FUN.