Thursday, July 22, 2004

My Grandpa (everyone has a voice)

My Grandpa
by C.E., age ~8
posted near scene of crime, below superman

My
Grandpa smoked a lot.
One day my sister said to
My
Grandpa,
"Can you stop
smoking?"
One time
my
grandpa
had a
heart attack.
Then
he died
My Grandpa

(Thank you C.A.)

2 comments:

c. said...

The original didn't have any punctiation on the last line. And a teacher was helping to get Superman down as I dictated the poem. You should check if he's down yet.

J.Po said...

Thank you, Christian, for your focus on detail. I will ammend my error, toute suite. I do not want to misrepresent.

As for superman, he is no longer lodged. I explored on my lunch break and was delighted to imagine him flying free again - or stuck in a different tree. At the time of check-up, the kids were on the playground choosing teams for a game of something. My heart sank for those still standing in the unchosen pool. That was me once.