In honor of not blogging much lately, I'm going to get fired up with a QUIZ QUIZ QUIZ!!!
1.) What are you listening to right now?
2.) What do you wish you were listening to right now?
3.) How many forms of public transportation did you take over the weekend?
4.) What's the most creative thing you've done over the last 3 days?
5.) Coffee, tea, or cocoa?
6.) If you were given the time and money to travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
7.) What current event/topic most concerns you right now?
8.) What current event/topic most entertains you right now?
9.) What was the best meal you had over the weekend?
10.) What's the worst movie you've seen lately?
My answers:
1.) Talk of the Nation, NPR, streaming on Windows Media Player
2.) A live performance by Patty Griffin
3.) 2 (BART and CalTrain)
4.) Tie-dyed 3 items of clothing (one shirt, one exercise bra, one pair of tights) at Jiggity's friends' tie-dye party (his friends are crafty!).
5.) Coffee
6.) Somewhere warm and breezy with a sandy beaches and clean, temperate water (perhaps Palau)
7.) The international opinion of the United States and the mess that is the war in Iraq
8.) Brad and Jen and Angelina
9.) Omelet with Jack and Cheddar cheeses, spinach, and spicey sausage with a side of black beans and mild salsa at a Cuban hole-in-the-wall in SoMa (with the one who was recently wed).
10.) Forgotten, with Julianne Moore. Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. But so bad it was good. The best bad part? When people go sucked into the sky when they figured out the answer to the abductions. HI-LARIOUS.
Monday, July 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
1. "Butterfly" by Crazy Town (on the radio) - a song that always brings me back to traveling around London and Paris with D.Ras.
2. "Butterfly" is pretty entertaining, I must admit. "Come, come my lady..."
3. Zero, I think. I took the bus on Friday, though.
4. I did a pretty smashing little dance to "Maniac" by the side of the pool while waiting for the lifeguards to let us in this afternoon.
5. Cocoa, clearly.
6. New Zealand.
7. The Supreme Court. And the fact that people aren't more upset about Karl Rove.
8. The phenomenon that is "Dancing with the Stars" (back for a second season!).
9. The cream puff I enjoyed at the Dane County Fair - made by people from the Stoughton FFA with super-yummylicious whipped cream.
10. I've seen a lot of reasonably good movies. I guess I'll vote for "Howl's Moving Castle," based primarily on the sucktacular ending, complete with subtitles for the crappy Japanese ballad that served as backing music.
1.) Piped in music at work. Today is 1970's funk day until 11:00
2.) Arcade Fire
3.) Three - el train, bus, and cab (if that counts)
4.) Co-composed a poem with the GF in the Fezzig style of poetry
5.) All three, really, I go through phases.
6.) Paris or Ireland
7.) The fundamentalist christian-ization of America
8.) The "crisis of the american male" (see yesterday's WSJ)
9.) Fried Ravioli...mmm...
10.) I haven't really seen many movies lately, so I guess I'd have to go with Oleanna. The play is fantastic but the movie version is a little disappointing.
1. cnn in the office next door.
2. my moby cd. the headphones are right on my desk. it's playing. I should put them on.
3. two - metrobus & metrorail.
4. ooh, that's a toughie. I delivered a blanket I'd made. oh, right, and I wrote something yesterday.
5. tea. at the moment: Mighty Leaf Orchid Oolong (loose leaf, of course)
6. Poland. I dunno, I'm just kind of obsessed.
7. Plan B contraceptives...reading up for a story. I'm using "concerns" in the sense of "occupies your time."
8. Gosh, I just haven't been that amused by news lately.
9. A chorizo sausage at RFK stadium. Don't tell my mom.
10. The worst? Gosh...I try to filter them before I see them. Raising Helen, but that was ages ago. Oh, Star Wars 3, that was pretty bad.
I really enjoy the quizzes!
1) Sadly, nothing. We usually listen to Stephen's ipod through a small stereo, so I'm not sure what's up with the silence this morning.
2) Stephen's ipod through a small stereo.
3) None - drove myself to Phillips, rode my mountain bike, drove home. I did bike to work today, though - it's not public transportation, but it's down with the whole cars-are-coffins deal.
4) Writing my race report from the Dirfighter Classic mountain bike race. There's no shame in self-promotion, so check it out at http://ultramax.blogspot.com
5) Coffee, although my wife turned me on to white mochas last weekend. Holy yumminess!
6) Alaska - apprently it's breathtaking this time of the year.
7) God - anything but women wearing flip-flops to the white house. Seriously - that's two weeks of news?
8) Watching BushCo. scramble to split hairs to defend Rove. Hi-larious!
9) Taco pizza at O's in Phillips - although, after three hours on the trails, blueberry pop-tarts would have been fine cuisine.
10) The Machinist - the ending wrapped everything up nice and neat, completely ruining an otherwise-excellent movie. If you rent it, push stop after 1:15 - that's a good movie.
1. The clicking of my fellow computer lab residents.
2. Bach cello sonatas; they help me be productive.
3. just one - bus. I biked around a bit, too and after all this city lacks trains.
4. written a few funny birthday card notes.
5. cappucino
6. albania. i'm suddenly fascinated after reading an article about it.
7. crack-down on birth control by pharmacists and right-to-lifers. I just read everybody else's reply and realized that I sound really dull.
8. I'm more entertained by historic than current events, like the correspondence between 2 brothers in 1899 and 1900 I've been reading they like to talk about the trips they take on their 'wheels.' Basically, the letters are a quaint, earlier form of j.bro's blog.
that, and the 1902 agricultural manual describing the nerve forces emanating from cow brains.
9. ooo. i had a really yummy meal on Sunday whose highlights included vietnamese noodle salad-y thing, a cherry tart and chocolate zucchini cake.
10. I can't remember the last movie I saw.
Very nice site! Active undelete 5.1 keygen
Post a Comment