Hey now. Who's excited about the upcoming 4-day weekend? I am - especially because it's a 6-day weekend for me and the Jigs. Well, to be completely accurate, Jigs has a 10-day weekend. But who's counting? (He is.)
In any case, I need a break like nobody's business. This morning I woke up and, for the first time in a year or so, DREADED going to work. I have to say, this is actually a good sign - given that the conditions at my job have been rough for about 3 months. And they will continue to be rough for another 3. So this 6-day weekend is providing a much-needed break.
Jigs and I are flying out at 1pm on Wednesday - to North Carolina and then to Cleveland. The sis will be there, on her 2 week break from the (damn) war and Jigs will meet the whole fam for the first time. Methinks it will go well, since my grandma already reports that "it seems like [J.Po] really likes that [Jiggity]". A truer statement was never told.
In anticipation of our trip to the Cleve, we watched the 30 Rock episode featuring that fair town and, I have to say, it was HI-larious. Mostly because it captured Cleveland so accurately and made me feel all warm and cozy inside. Unfortunately, it featured ALL of the sites I planned for our walking tour of Cleveland. But no matter. Cleveland rocks, even when the surprises are spoiled by primetime TV.
Let's hear if for the Cleve!
Blergh!
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds great! And hilarious about your grandma.
You should be very glad to hear that I was sitting next to a med student on her way back from a residency interview at UH Rainbow Children's Hospital yesterday and I totally told her that Cleveland doesn't suck.
Thanks, Grrr. That's such a positive review. Really. Positive.
Cleveland State and I may not be a good fit academic-wise, but the city itself seemed passingly OK. I enjoyed the greenway park-thing!
Post a Comment