Thursday, November 08, 2007

Poopy Real Estate!

Jigs and I could buy 3.95 of these 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 2,138 square foot homes near my hometown:




for one of these 2 bedroom, 1 bath, and 1050 square foot homes in our current target neighborhood:




There's something grossly wrong with this situation!

4 comments:

J-Vo said...

or you could buy our house! please? somebody? anybody!

towwas said...

I remember about five years ago seeing a house listed for, I think it was $1 million in Palo Alto. Maybe 2 million. Anyway, a lot. One of my labmates was showing the ad around. And people were like, what do you expect, it's Palo Alto. And she kept saying, "But...it's a SHACK!"

Annie said...

that's brutal. What is the price of the 2br 1bath house?

Anonymous said...

Lordy. A former graduate of my program is at a place that's hiring in my field, and he reports that 100 year-old 2br brick houses can be had for under $120,000. I want the job for other reasons too, but damn, I want the job. My daughter should grow up in a brick house older than her great-grandparents, don't you think?