Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Positive, positive, positive!

So many wonderful things happened over the last several days. It's high time I post.

(1) I GOT NEW GLASSES! I can finally SEE! ...without contacts, which have been bugging me ever since I got some allergic reaction to protein deposits on my lenses. Crowds of bumps on my upper right lid. Eeeewwww. Anyway, with new glasses, I can give my puss-y right eye a break from direct interaction with silicone. I should add that my new glasses are classy! Kate Spade lenses. Slightly nerdy - to go along with my True Nerd status - and cute cute cute!

(2) UPS actually dropped off my package of contacts without my signature. This means that I don't have to drag my ass on 3 forms of public transportation to get to the UPS pickup office in Richmond, CA. This is very very good. Very good. Ever since my mugging, traveling to places like south Oakland and Richmond is not high on my list of desirable activities.

(3) I FOUND MY CHECKBOOK before closing my checking account. The book simply fell behind my clothes hamper - a deep abyss of over-shot socks and t-shirts. I don't think I need to go into the details of why this is wonderful.

(4) I had the best steak dinner EVER on Saturday night - in the first of what will likely become a monthly outing - with Jiggity - to a really delightful restaurant. I can't even find the words to describe the yumminess I experienced.

(5) I finally finished the b-day gift I made for MW. She will like it, methinks.

(6) I spent a few delightful days with the one who studies whales. Part of the hanging included a b-day party for her at my house. I baked a cake and carved it into the shape of a whale. Pictures to be posted soon.

YAR!!

6 comments:

grrrbear said...

Yay hooray hoorah! What a collection of wonderfulness. You've been awful quiet lately, which I'll attribute to the time honored equation (Time Blogging = 1/Time with Boy).

Good to see (read?) you again!

towwas said...

Wow! That is a lot of excellent goings-on indeed! Yeah, grrbear...that equation pretty much applies to me, if you can divide one by zero, which you can't.

Anonymous said...

A half-decade after she decided to "lose" her glasses and start ignoring her headaches and eye problems, Mrs. Bro. may find herself with new glasses next week! She was pretty low on the nerd scale, but she looks hot in chunky plastic frames.

Annie said...

Po, I'm very happy to hear that so many great things are goin' on!

I WANNA SEE YA but stupid work keeps getting in the way. WISH I COULD GRADUATE WITHOUT HAVING TO DO THE WORK!!!

grrrbear said...

You totally can, sophist. I get offers to graduate from random colleges I've never heard of every week in my email! Check 'em out!

grrrbear said...

And TOWWAS, that just means you're spending an infinite amount of time blogging. I bow to your ability to come up with that many topics...