Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Whale Cake and Sea Jello

So I posted a week or two ago about the visit from The One Who Studies Whales. She arrived on her b-day (her 30th, no less) and I threw her a party suited to a 7-year-old. Go figure. A good amount of her family was in town for a wedding, so the rents and her brother were in attendance. And LL and BK were there too. Fun was had by all. All I can say is, "Hairy Whale Lips."

Here's the whale cake (front shot, side, and a-flame):

















And then there's the jell-o mold. It looked all fine and tasty ... until we dove into it. Turns out that candy fish dissolve into mush when surrounded by hot gelatin. Hence the brown sludge.

10 comments:

Annie said...

Holy cow, J. po, you make the sweetest f*cking cakes. You are a true renaissance woman and I'm honored to know you!

Stacey Pelika said...

That is a lovely cake! And the Jello, too - except for the sludge part!

grrrbear said...

Wowsers! That is freakin' *amazing* J.Po!

I'm speechless. Is this a recently acquired talent or were you just holding out making crazycakes in college?

towwas said...

Yeah, I don't remember ever having an awesome cake made for my birthday. You coming to D.C. in December for my 30th?

grrrbear said...

Speaking of cake...

Happy birthday J.PO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo-hoo! You're just as old as I am now!

Annie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY J. PO!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MARGARITAS WITH YOU TOMORROW!!!!!!!

towwas said...

J.Po, how could it be that your birthday is not in The Palm That Is All-Knowing? I'm adding it right now!!!!

towwas said...

And happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read life insurance company rankings Free web cam recorders Agent insurance ohio professional Phendimetrazine on line cheep yonkers boating Low and blood and pressure

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Georgia fuel tax explanation ree porn web cams Compact dishwasher Find property tax Working family tax relief5538 Cheap fossil handbags canadian tire catalogue information about buspirone hcl 15mg tax dates to remember latino romano my elderly mom owes back property taxes classic buick riviera Payday advances long beach 15online purchase ultram Jenna jameson wallpaper for cellphones land ro ver roof rack withholding taxes for arrearage