One of my favorite lists to make is the list of albums in my collection that are solidly good from start to finish. By that I mean NOT ONE BAD SONG and FLOW from one song to the next. Here's a fraction of my total list:
- Joshua Tree (U2)
- Automatic for the People (REM)
- Blue (Joni Mitchell)
- Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (the Beatles)
- August and Everything After (Counting Crows)
- Impossible Dream (Patti Griffin)
- Trinity Sessions (Cowboy Junkies)
- Tracy Chapman (Tracy Chapman)
- Free Wheelin' Bob Dylan (Bob Dylan)
- Play (Moby)
- Sounds of Silence (Simon and Garfunkel)
- OK Computer (Radiohead)
- White Ladder (David Gray)
- Rites of Passage (Indigo Girls)
- Fumbling Towards Ecstacy (Sarah McLaughlin)
- Ray of Light (Madonna)
- In the Wind (Peter, Paul, and Mary)
- Graceland (Paul Simon)
- New Adventures in HiFi (REM)
- In My Tribe (10,000 Maniacs)
- Kid A (Radiohead)
- Up Up Up Up Up Up (Ani DiFranco)
- The Covers Record (Cat Power)
How about you?
Saturday, October 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I may have to add Radiohead's Kid A to this list. I just started paying attention to it yesterday and it is FANTASTIC.
I'd agree with 'Automatic for the People' except for 'Ignoreland', the song just seems really reactionary and juvenile in comparison to the rest of the album, I have to skip it when I listen to the CD.
If you're talking about albums that are solid start to finish the first one that comes to my mind will always be Neutral Milk Hotel's 'In the Aeroplane, Over the Sea'. Not just the flow, but narratives run through the entire album connecting several characters (real and imagined) together.
I would like to add a classic and a contemporary selection to the list:
Classic: Pavement - Brighten the Corners
Contemporary: Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
Hey Joanne,
(I'm sorry if this post brings up bad memories, if you'd rather I not post or even just not read your blog, just let me know....but couldn't resist posting a comment on a list of albums...including the Beatles)
Even though Sgt. Pepper's is more creative, I'd have to add Rubber Soul (The Beatles). Just before Sgt. Pepper's; but wholely original for its time and a solid album.
I'm going to have to work on refining this list. I'm realizing that not all of these fit my rules. Maybe I should change the rules.
Keep up the good work
Narcotic pain relievers line script http://www.buy-ultram-0.info/Imitrex.html
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! http://www.swimwear-8.info/Sheerswimsuitsmicro.html rusty womens swimwear baltimore casino game rental web traffic tools internet promotion internet traf car alarm queens rosacea natural remedies children sheer swimsuit wholesalers tall one piece swimsuits Nutritional supplements male health Lexapro high blood pressure Acuvue color contact lens opaque kevin helm wrestling indiana football Affiliate pharmacy program Winningest slot machines paintballing hampshire Ferrari crash in southern california Business card case silver cheap calling cards to india swimsuits si models
Post a Comment