Wednesday, October 20, 2004

splash

Last weekend I went to Nevada City to see L.L perform in a synchronized swimming meet. The atmosphere suited my mood - it poured and B.K. and I sat out in the rain, got miserably wet, and watched routine after routine after routine swim to really poorly cut music. I was surprised to find that 3 different groups used clips from C&C Music Factory as part of their mixes. The oldest of these groups swam in the 50's age category and wore neon green, yellow, and pink suits. I know the 80's are back, but dude! L.L.'s group won the 40's age category and they did not use any 80's music in their routine. Coincidence?

3 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

Since when is LL in her 40s? Things sure have changed since I last saw her!

Your description of the bathing suits reminded me of the purple, yellow, and green rugby shirt I wore for some of my senior pictures - none of the ones we ended up buying, though. (Picture me lying on my side in front of a purple, yellow, and green umbrella...hee.)

J.Po said...

You are right, LL is not 40...but the average age of her team is. She's 29 and there are a few younger swimmers in her group of 8. That should tell you something.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »