I'm sleepy, so this will be quick...
I went to the dentist today to get my tooth re-filled after loosing the filling over a jordan almond the toher day. I ended up finding out that I need to get a crown because I don't have enough tooth left to support a filling. How much does a crown cost these days, you ask? $900. How glad am I that I decided to COBRA my dental insurance? VERY.
So I ended up with a saggy lip at ballet, and tried to smile as little as possible - lest I look like I recently had a stroke. Ballet was good, as always. We are now doing full ronde de jambes and we've added a turn to our waltz step. I will be starring in Swan Lake soon enough.
And after ballet? I saw Ray LaMontagne at the Fillmore. He was GOOOOODDDD. I didn't really know much of his music before going - just sortof tagged along with some fan friends. It was a wonderful concert experience. He seems like one of 'us' (if by 'us' I mean people who spent a goodly amount of their youth reading books and writing quizzes and existing without boyfriends/girlfriends). And he's HOT. Many times during the concert, he dabbed his brow with a giant white towel. He was sweaty and HOT. I am thinking of offering my services to be his towel girl.
It turns out I had my DELL mp3 player with me, having brought it for entertainment on the way into the city. One great benefit of this player is its ability to record up to 10 hours of sound. So I captured a large part of the concert on ye ol' player. But keep it on the DL, yo.
Thursday, April 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oddly enough I just heard his song "Trouble" for the first time on XRT on the way home from work yesterday. I'd never even heard of him before...but that song rules.
Hope your tooth is feeling better and that the lip droopage is decreasing. =)
"He seems like one of 'us' (if by 'us' I mean people who spent a goodly amount of their youth reading books and writing quizzes and existing without boyfriends/girlfriends)."
L-O-L
I argue that you used single-quotes there because you knew someone was going to quote you.
Keep your eye on Covent Garden and you will arrive there one day.
Best regards from NY!
» » »
Post a Comment