Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Garbley-gook.

Yo. I've been lacking in postage as of late. I spent all of last week preparing for my friend CF's wedding shower. It took place on Saturday. It went extrememly well. The only major bump in my well-oiled crafting and planning machine came on Friday night, when the electricty of N.Berkeley went out for a few hours - just at the time the mini-cheesecakes were about to go into the oven. So I ended up getting to bed at 4am. But I was running on the fuel of crafting, so I made it through the next day with grace.

J.Bro, or - more acurately - M.Bro, would be happy to know that I spent most of last week making a scrapbook. Not the inside, but the outside. I found a piece of lovely embroidered silk faberic in the colors of CF's wedding and covered an ugly-ass scrapbook purchased at Marshall's. I even beaded the fabric along the spine of the scrapbook. If you would allow me a moment of gloating, the book is really beautiful and CF was so happy to receive it.

This all got me to thinking that I wish I could make a living being crafty. Martha Stewart has the best life ever, minus the jailtime.

And in other news, I was supposed to start my job on Monday but the paperwork was a little stuck in process. Today I found out that I could start work tomorrow or (as the message on my phone said) Monday, if I prefer. Since I lost a filling Saturday while chewing on a jordan almond (thank you gifts for the guests of the shower), I decided to see if the dentist could see me this week and make my job decision by his availability. Got an appointment tomorrow at 4pm and decided to start work Monday.

The upshot is, I HAVE 3 MORE DAYS OF FREEDOM! So my question for you is to tell me what to do with my time!

So far on the list:
- finish duvet cover
- see LL during her "weekend"
- get my bike serviced (it desperately needs a new chain to replace the rusted one)
- walk around San Francisco
- pay bills
- make chili
- sleep in
- see Anchorman 10 more times (just bought the DVD)
- finally see Downfall (how was it, Spice?)

Any other ideas?

Please don't say 'buy something at Clinique in SF during their free gift time'. I've already purchased two things and I have 2 free gifts. There are only so many mini eyeshadow compacts I can store away. By the way, Sophist, Clinique brought back the exceptionally soothing cream for upset skin. Apparently, they got many complaints when it was pulled, including mine.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Eeeeeek, I'm glad to see that you are posting again! My upset skin is glad to hear that the soothing cream is back. I will have to make my annual pilgrimage to freegiftyville.

grrrbear said...

Hooray, you're back! Does this mean you're computer's fixed?

The best thing about Anchorman...Steven Cantrell. I thought he was awesome.

I never knew you were so crafty. I mean, crafty and sly - of course but not in the Martha-esque use of the word. And you're making a duvet cover? Wow! I'm not even sure I know what a duvet is, much less why one would need to be covered...does it sunburn easily?

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »