Friday, April 29, 2005

Two Posts in Two Days, Oh My!

Hey there. It's true - I haven't been posting a lot as of late. I've been at this new job for only 3 weeks and I'm not totally comfortable blogging at work yet. I'll likely be sharing itty bitty little tales every now and again as opposed to thoughtfully composed pieces.

Here's my little tale for today...

There's a woman who works directly behind me who I really like. On occassion, she speaks Polish on the phone, which I also really like. The other day I overheard a conversation that went something like this:

"Polish polish polish polish poslish, polish. Polish ummm... polish polish polish! Polish polish polsih white trash family polish polish. Polish, polish polish polsish."

I REALLY want to know the broader context for the few words I understood.

A perfect example of a phrase that would most definitely be lost in translation!

4 comments:

Annie said...

In Mandarin, "white trash" is "bai le se"

You're right. It's pretty damn lost in translation.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Parts for 69 ford bronco Gay interior design+bellingham wa

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... florida mortgage rate Fast cash socal Hentia shareware Cover print seat zebra cost barcode scanner india ssh webhosting cholesterol medications and low blood pressure provigil

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Domainname sales