Monday, March 13, 2006
Global Cooling
Just a few weeks ago, I was fearing global warming like never before. I found myself, in the middle of February, wearing sandals, shorts, and sun screen. And then this past weekend happened. As eluded to by J.Bro, it actually SNOWED in parts of San Francisco. Granted, it was the high parts (T.Peaks). But that's just wrong wrong wrong. The local news got all excited - much like the Cleveland news gets pumped about 12 inches of snowfall overnight. The SF anchorpeople were actually begging listeners to SEND IN their own CAMERA PHONE PHOTOS to prove to the viewing audience that people were sledding on hail in the Outer Sunset. I find it extremely amusing that Californians are so easily wowed by white things falling from the sky. I was far less amused when I woke early Sunday morning (~2am???) to loud tip-taps on my window from icy hail and the rush of a waterfall-esque sheets of rain. I rose to look out the window and find my neighbors jumping with glee in the icy wetness. Jiggity was fast asleep, reporting the next morning that he woke for about 30 seconds and thought to himself that this was the sort of weather-induced noise that might keep him awake for a hours. Not so. He's Alaskan after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Is it just me, or does sledding on hail sound like no fun at all?
To me it sounds really dangerous. You'd have, like, no ability to maintain direction...
Crazy californians.
It sounds...painful. Like, if you fell of the sled, it would hurt. A lot. Also, I would think you'd go either way too fast (because you're on ice) or way too slow (because hail is bumpier than snow).
Oops - fell _off_ the sled. Why can't you edit comments!?!?
"Fell of the sled" has a nice ring to it. Like it should be a place name in a medieval tale.
Speaking of medieval tales, did anyone other than me catch "Wife Swap" last night? They swapped a totally normal but busy African-American woman with a...SCA family! Like a _full-time_ SCA family! They wear medieval garb 24/7 and refer to each other by their SCA names and the kids are home-schooled in the medieval arts (forget math! try shoe-making!) and they're not allowed to leave the house ever - the family spends all its time together playing fantasy role-playing games. I called Po in the middle because watching the poor other mom enter into that was simply hilarious (she had a good sense of humor about it) - as was watching the medieval mom force the other family to dress up and take on other names. Sample quote: "Waking up to harp music was...weird. I normally wake up to rap music." Hilarious!
Enjoyed a lot! laptop repairs Beattyville web design halo 2 website templates Yellow page advertising design 20 Web design form http://www.cisco-router-1.info/pink_puffy_dog_jacket.html Spanish blowjobs minivan cargo carriers investing advice investing advice and guide investing advice Best e commerce website design Buy ionamin court ruling due on hiking delaware
Post a Comment