WASHINGTON, April 6 — President Bush authorized Vice President Dick Cheney in July 2003 to permit Mr. Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis Libby Jr., to leak to a reporter key portions of a classified prewar intelligence estimate on Iraq, according to Mr. Libby's grand jury testimony disclosed in court papers filed late Wednesday.
The court filing provided the first indication that Mr. Bush, who has long assailed leaks of classified information as a national security threat, played a direct role in the disclosure of the intelligence report on Iraq and was also involved in the swirl of events leading up to the disclosure of the identity of an undercover C.I.A. officer.
...
*********************************************
No surprise, but will this discovery lead to any meaningful action???
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Here's how I'd spin this story if I was an anchor on Fox News - "Finally, we can put this 'leak' story behind us! If the president authorized it, then NO ONE leaked ANYTHING - can't be a leak if the president said it was OK! Movin' on..."
It will probably lead to nothing because:
a)The whole thing is too difficult to understand - when I tried to explain it to undergrads last fall, I took up the whole board with names and lines and a list of potential crimes, and it took about 20 minutes to go through what happened. Much harder to get than 'he screwed an intern.'
b)The Dems don't have their act together enough to capitalize on it. Sad, but true. They need to engage in a Republican-style offensive where all the Dems repeat the same catchphrase like robots on every single news program.
Spices point b makes me die a little on the inside.
It's still true though.
Sigh...
Excellent, love it! » »
Looking for information and found it at this great site... Sprint msn wireless voip phone internet opportunit Installation process of freon into a flower cooler Free sony laptop service manual Organization name of call centers in the philippines How do i pay my bill online prozac Cars bmw m1 Crack kaspersky antivirus Pfizer strong viagra down blouse
Post a Comment