J.Bro's recent posts about theft in Hawaii are making me all sad and dejected - especially the part where his man-bag was stollen. So I'm going to post about something joyful and uplifting - BALLET!
If you haven't noticed, BALLET ROCKS! It's been a year since I started taking classes and I've already advance to Adult 2. That's right, I've gone through New Adult Beginning, Adult Beginning, and Adult 1. I can now stand on one foot in releve and not fall on my ass. HUGE progress from last March. My buttocks, as promissed, have lifted 2 inches compared to last year; and I am, as promissed again, ready for bikini season.
Not only have I been revelling in the practice of ballet, but I am also taking on a wider appreciation for dance as an art form. For example, my recent order from Amazon.com included 3 movies about dance:
1. Center Stage - Sophist shares a love of this fine film!
2. The Company - featuring the Joffry Ballet of Chicago and Neve Campell of Party of Five (quite amazingly, she does her own dancing - tapping into (pardon the pun) her earlier training)
3. The Dancer - a documentary following a young dancer into her professional career, including many finepoints of the dance world including the making of pointe shoes
I also ordered the first volume of the New York City Ballet Workout so that I can stay fit the 5 days of the week I'm not taking class. It's actually really hard. Not Tae-Bo hard, but hard none-the-less.
Now it's time I take in some live performances by the local SF Ballet. Alvin Ailey just rolled through town and they were, as always, wonderful and HOT. But I need some more classical dance in my life. Sophist??? Will you join me???
Monday, April 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good project, with the ballet. Although I'm not sure I can support the watching of Neve Campbell movies. Except perhaps the first Scream.
Keep up the good work jersey horse racing optimum online phone service 1990 audi a6 owners manual Buick rainier interior pictures men exercise prevent weight loss quitting smoking Makeup allergies audi dealer in maryland reading cosmetic surgeon Asian squirt galleries Discount imitrex online drivers plotters roland dxy-1200 audi tuning beas tv Century car seat covers 2.4 ghz wireless phone headset
Excellent, love it! cars jacco porsche 914 Overnight phentermine online Mega xanax Vioxx wellbutrin effexor paxil add Seal beach ca visitor guide Hi fi ringtone downloads non prescription phentermine http://www.wellbutrin4.info/effexor-xr-37-side-effects.html effexor xr 37 5 side effects leather hiking boots connecticut b effexor b xr b side b effect Seat cover for chevy avalanche Effexor causing suicide Illinois fishing Cheap calls to south africalandline to mob
Very nice site! » » »
Post a Comment