* worry not - I will dispose of my phone in an environmentally friendly manner...if there is such a thing
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Hey Old Phone - Meet My New Phone! Then, Meet The Trash Can*!
In lieu of new and exciting life stories (because there are none to tell, unless you consider 10-hour work days exciting), I'm posting photos of my phones. Guess which one is the old phone and which is new! I can't tell you how happy I am to get rid of the old piece of crappola. When I got it, it was a replacement for my second robbery in the fall of 2004 and was provided from the insurance plan (clearly a refurb piece of poop). It's never quite worked right, but for the last several months, it hasn't been alerting me to new voice mail messages. And I have the sense it wasn't logging all of my incoming voice messages either - but that's probably an issue with T-Mobile's voice mail system (or, alternatively, no one was calling me). Anyhoo, I'm liking my new phone ... but it's a hell-of-a-lot of technology to catch up on. For example, the icons don't look like they were created on an Etch-e-Sketch.
* worry not - I will dispose of my phone in an environmentally friendly manner...if there is such a thing

* worry not - I will dispose of my phone in an environmentally friendly manner...if there is such a thing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I now have two old phones and I'd like to donate them to the people who refurbish them and give them to old people so they can call 911, but I don't know how to wipe the data. So they continue to take up space.
Lucky you. I really wish I had a new cell phone. But, I live in a town where there is no cell phone service. (That is, no phone service unless you go 2 miles west into the countryside, up the hill.)
I just keep mine for emergency reasons (or when I'm in Billings and need to call home because I forgot what was on the shopping list.)
Welcome to the land of SexyPhones! It does seem that big advances have happened in the last few years...
I had Sprint when I lived in the BA, and they were really solid. Unfortunately, they've been known as the sucky provider in all of my subsequent residences (here Verizon is really the only option).
Shame Jpo can't post the Kung-Fu video cartoon that plays on her phone whenever I call her. It rocks!
I'm picture Oldphone trying, and obviously failing, to flip open in the second picture. Newphone's all, "You can't even flip open? So you're just, like, open all the time. Hmh." Then he nods all knowingly and talks to the hot pink Razr at the bar.
Nice, can I actually reach you now that reception is OK?
I apparently live in a radiologically shielded metal box, and can receive only 1/10 incoming calls whilst in my apartment..
Post a Comment