Hey now. Lest you think I've totally dropped off the face of the earth, I'm back for a quick post.
The weekend was grand (yay!), although it included some work (boo!).
It went something like this:
Friday afternoon: The week ended on a very positive note with me working with some fantastically enthusiastic folks on our project. Way to end a relatively tough week with a bang!
Friday night: Me + glass of wine + couch + What Not To Wear = happy
Saturday morning: I woke up at 9am! For those who don't know, this is UNREAL! I usually clock about 2 additional hours on Saturday morning. I think I've been having trouble winding down into the weekend lately. Or I'm finally growing out of my adolescence. In any case, it was great - because Jigs and I were out the door and off to Costco before 10am. And I had a brand new cell phone plan (Sprint, thank you very much) and phone (the new Sanyo razor-look-a-like) by noon. Who knew Costco deals in cell phones? And who knew my plan with T-Mobile expired almost 2 years ago. My old phone is twice that age, and that's saying something in these times of rapid improvements in technology. I figure this new Sanyo will get me through until my iPod dies and I can justify an iPhone.
Saturday afternoon: Me + popcorn + HGTV = Me hankering for my own house
Saturday night: Um, gosh. I can't remember. I think Jigs and I went for a walk in the EXTREMELY wealthy neighborhood we recently discovered a few blocks to the west of us. It's extremely clear when we cross over into the swank neighborhood, because the sidewalks end (and not in the storybook way we read as kids). We figure they stopped building sidewalks cause they don't want the renters walking their streets. I recently looked at the stats on this town, and discovered that the average home cost is WELL over $1 million. Eegads. These homes are palatial.
Sunday morning: We took off for the northern lands of Petaluma - to visit Er.Han and her man-pal. They left for Seattle (like, "moving" left) this morning. Sad me. No more wine country friends to visit.
Sunday afternoon: The four of us drove to the Russian River and went on a lovely (but HOT!) 3-hour canoe trip. I learned these things: it's hard to paddle when you're sitting indian style on the bottom of the canoe (too low); people can be jack-assy when it comes to spraying innocent canoers using giant water guns; if motorized vehicles aren't already banned on the RR, they should be; and I crave Sprite like nobody's business when I'm dehydrated.
Sunday night: Back at Er.Han's pad, we enjoyed an exercise in "eat everything left in her fridge so she doesn't need to move it to Seattle". The exercise got a score of YUMMY after combining chicken strips, black beans, cheese, lettuce, and a few shakes from a packet of McCormick "burrito seasoning". As a break between dinner and dessert, we played a rousing game of Settlers of Catan. Jiggity kicked our bottoms! (I came in a close second with a crazy sheep production ranch and a 2-for-1 sheep port.)
Monday morning: We played the morning version of "eat everything left in Er.Han's fridge so she doesn't need to move it to Seattle". Ooof. I was full. We left for home before we had to play the lunch version.
Monday noon: I started work for the day. Not thrilling, but I got a lot done!
And that's it - no frills catch-up blog!
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I keep reading about this Settling for Canaan game - it's worth learning?
Post a Comment