I have spent the last 2 months ignoring the fact that we have 4 more years of craptastic leadership to look forward to. How much can really happen in 4 years? I think we learned the answer to that question during the last 4.
Today I started to dig into the meaning behind this thing I've been ignorning. Here you can find a list of proposed cuts to government-sponsored (mostly domestic) programs.
The cut that hit me hardest? Upward Bound. My mom volunteered for that program back in the day. It's another one of those programs established by democrats to give the impoverished hope of escaping the mad cycle of poverty. I guess it's more important to give tax breaks to the rich and increase funds to continue an unjustifiable and messy war.
Friday, February 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The cut I find most ironic is near the bottom of the second page, under "Other Agencies":
"U.S. Institute for Peace, Construction of New Building - $99"
Yeah, I could see where GW wouldn't find that particular line item to be of any interest whatsoever.
Oh, and J.Po, don't fear for UB just yet. It's only a budget proposal, it still has to get through the pork barrel machine called congress, so my bet it a lot of it'll get put back.
Post a Comment