Friday, August 19, 2005

Transformers, More than Meets the Eye

There was an explosion in downtown San Francisco this morning, getting everyone all concerned about potential terrorist actions. Turns out it was simply a burst transformer, of the electrical system variety. My coworker and I immediately thought of cars turining into robots and sang the words on the title line. Man, do I ever miss the 80s!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you SAY it, or did you SING it? I hope you sang it, then make the choo-chu-chee-chu-chuh noises.

Ted Pavlic said...

I taught a power lab once where freshmen engineering students had to use a series of transformers and measurement equipment to simulate a power distribution system. During the opening lecture, we had a picture of a transformer (looks like a block-O with windings on the left and right sides of the O). The other TA's and I thought it would be fun to put the red autobot label in the middle of the transformer to add some excitement to the lecture...

Unfortuantely, I think only one or two freshmen got the joke...

Annie said...

Yeah, I guess the Freshman now were born in the 1990s or something huh! OK, maybe late 80s at the latest.

grrrbear said...

Don't worry, they soon will understand. Dreamworks is developing a new live-action (obviously with lots og CGI) movie based on the Transformers. And it's being produced by...

...Michael Bay! Woo-hoo! Shlock-tastic explosions everywhere!

Opening 7/4/2007. Oh the anticipation...

OleNelson said...

Spielberg is appartently involved in the production as well.

Steven Spielberg involved in a movie about cars that turn into robots. I can't decide. Is that really wrong or really right?

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP soccer http://www.debt-solutions-1.info Gain forex free pop up blocker trial refinance Apr lowest mortgage rate lowest mortgage online rate21 Commercial insurance sa l ai byvphozqkq printers Crap websites Adipex without doctor or prescription