Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Survey!

In honor of the US Postal Service recent release of Muppet/Jim Henson stamps, it's time for a muppet-related survey! Here we go...

1.) Who is your favorite muppet or set of muppets?

2.) Which muppet most closely embodies your personality?

3.) If you were to put on your own muppet show, what act would you put first on the bill?

4.) If the muppet show were still running (don't I wish!), what famous person/people would you most like to see host the show?

5.) If you were throwing a dinner party to which you could invite two muppets, who would they be?

Note: Sesame Street characters are considered muppets in my survey!

11 comments:

J.Po said...

1.) Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker. They are the single most powerful reason that I attempted a life of laboratory science. Once I realized that real labs have little in common with muppet labwork, I left for more interesting work. Quite happily, Dr. BH and Beaky appear on the new stamps. The back of the stamp reads, "Oh Beakie, what a great day for Muppet Labs! We've made ourselfves completely flat and pasted ourselves to an envelope. Isn't science nifty!? Meep! Meep! Meep!"

2.) Ernie. True, not a puppet on the muppet show, but he's the one most like me. My sister and I used to say that we were like Bert and Ernie, her the tidy anal one and me the messy, silly, annoying one. So true.

3.) The singing fruit stand. Don't remember? Your memeory may be jogged by the song, "Yes We Have No Bananas." A total classic. I would likely leave the ballroom dancing bit totally off the bill.

4.) Bill Clinton. No explanation needed.

5.) Statler and Waldorf. You know, the two guys in the box who had a constant commentary throughout the show. They'd really spice up the dining experience, don't you think? If I could invite an additional muppet, it would be Kermit's nephew, Robin. So adorable and well-behaved!

J.Po said...

Question 5 edit...I want Janice at my dinner. "Fursurely!"

Stacey Pelika said...

First off, I need to get myself some of those stamps! But on to the survey (which J.Bro won't be answering because he is too young to appreciate The Muppets - so sad!).

1. I've always been fond of the Kermit/Fozzie duo. The perfect blend of uptight, caring and funny - wocka-wocka! And Grover.

2. I've always identified with Scooter. He seemed to be holding the whole show together - kind of the underappreciated behind-the-scenes mastermind. Plus, he had a swell satin jacket.

3. Pigs...in...Spaaaaaaaace!!!! Or Veterinarian's Hospital. I agree about the ballroom dancing - what was up with that?

4. Gosh, I don't know if I could do better than Bill Clinton. R.E.M.'s appearance on Sesame Street showed promise - particularly in making Peter Buck look really uncomfortable. Will Ferrell would probably be awesome, too.

5. Definitely Kermit. And I guess maybe Bert - that way I'd get the dirt on both the Muppet Show and Sesame Street...

grrrbear said...

1) Grover. Or Supergrover. The guy is always trying to do the right thing and ends up being hysterical while doing it. I miss him, he's hardly ever on Sesame Street anymore since that damn Elmo showed up...

2) Gonzo. For obvious reasons.

3) The two Aliens encounter something new (Clock! Clock! Yepyepyepyepyepyepyep BOOONGGGG!!!!) I know it's probably a sesame street bit, but it still makes me giggle.

4) Tough to beat Will Ferrell. Maybe Hank Azaria...

5) Kermit (because he could get along with anyone there) and Beeker (because he looks like he needs a night out)

Anonymous said...

First j.p, thanks for the survey. It has very much brightened what started out as a really crappy morning.

1. I'm torn between Grover and Kermit. They're both so likeable and seem like they'd be fun.

2. Fozzie bear. He's generally upbeat, but seems to have no real clue about what's really going on. I feel like this more than I'd like to admit.

3. Statler and Waldorf doing grouchy commentary full of bad puns.

4. John Roberts. Not because I think he's great, but because I wonder if appearing on the muppet show we might actually be able to see through his insistence on precedence and figure him out. Imagine Miss Piggy flirting away...how could he stay unrattled?

5. Snuffalupagus, because he seems so lonely. And either Grover or Gonzo to spice things up.

Stacey Pelika said...

I had the exact same thought as Grrrbear about Grover vs. Elmo. Apparently each of the Sesame Street characters is supposed to be a particular 'age' - like Bert and Ernie are 6, and Grover's 4 or something like that. But Elmo (who I think is 3) just sucked all the Grover time away. Very sad - Grover rocks!

Anonymous said...

Good post - Gooooo JOE!

1) Mutt, the K-9 unit handler, and Junkyard, his Rottweiler.

2) Lifeline, the pacificist medic

3) Helicopter fight at the North Pole

4) I'll pick Bill Clinton too

5) Roadblack, the machine gunner/gourmet chef, of course!

grrrbear said...

Oh my gosh that was funny J.Bro. Okay, okay, okay...now...do the same thing but with Transformers!

1) Optimus Prime. This guy was a pseudo father-figure to a generation of human kids.

2) Jazz - total pop-culture junkie and easily distracted by flashy things.

3) Buster Witwicky cornered by Ravage but then rescued by the Autobots just when time is running out for him to disable the human-technology bomb that Frenzy had wired to the oil platform.

4) I'll go with Bill Clinton or Alex Trebek as Guest star on this one.

5) Jazz (for the sound system) and Optimus Prime (for the dinner conversation)

towwas said...

1. The honkers. Or the twiddlebugs. (I was a Sesame Street kid.) The other day a friend's kid was watching Sesame Street and the honkers came on and I was SO HAPPY.

2. Depends on the day...maybe Slimey? Ooh, or Kermit. Except I don't get as annoyed as Kermit. Well, I do, but inside my head.

3. The ladybug picnic. Oh wait, that was animated. Grover the waiter. No, no, Supergrover! Or maybe the Twiddlebugs licking stamps.

4. Steve Carell.

5. Oh gosh. I'll go with Ernie and Kermit. 'Cause Ernie's fun and Kermit's Kermit. I love Kermit.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Black pornstar obsession Download paris hilton movie download jeep cherokee xj roof rack spare tire Mcse free training 20 1938 buick hot rod parts bad ass bitch bpm Conferencing internet over video voice voip milf next door minivan wallpaper 15.00 cell phone plans Tracteur renault 551 Didrex consultation sale wellbutrin and sexual side effects roof racks ford courier van http://www.license-plate-frames.info/roofrackbikemounts.html Honda car cover car finance

Anonymous said...

What a great site 1998 volvo sl70 Jvc+dvd+players