HELP ME!! Last night, after hours of cutting yards of white fabric and pinning pieces together to create my holloween masterpiece of Princess Leia, I misplaced my beautiful and pricey sewing scissors.
Last I used them, I was trimming the seam allowances from the right flute arm. I was sitting on the couch (purchased by Spice for $25 some 7-or-so years ago). When I attempted to trim the seams from the left flute arm, I couldn't find the scissors.
I searched everwhere: the coffee table; the couch surface; inside the couch; under the couch; in the trash cans surrounding the couch; in the refrigerator (since I payed a visit to get a popsicle); in the bathroom; near the sewing machine; etc, etc, etc. THEY'RE GONE! The black hole has, quite officially, sucked them up.
So how the hell do I find the black hole?
Monday, October 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Did your scissors cost more than the couch cost?
Scissors = far more expensive than couch.
Oh yeah. The couch I bought from some woman I met on the Super Shuttle while going to the airport for a business trip. I sort of wasn't so into the calling her about it after I got back (being kind of shy and all), but then she called me, and the couch has been around ever since. It's quite comfortable, although not very stylish.
On the other hand, it's more stylish than the big pink Mormon couch with matching armchair!
What makes a couch Mormon? Does it refuse to drink? Did it get married at 19?
It always wears a bike helmet and eschews caffeine. But it would never steal scissors, I'm sure.
Post a Comment