Friday, January 20, 2006

cortosol

Dudes,

I've been in recovery mode ever since the day'o'interviews. Like, it's taken until this afternoon for the stress hormones to drain out of my tissues. I'd forgotten how difficult interviewing can be. ...especially the part where you have no idea what sort of questions they'll ask. Neither of the 2 interviews this week asked for "strengths" and "weaknesses" and I was prepared with the perfect answer for weakness (spelling ... 'cause it's true and it's not such a bad thing since the advent of spellcheck). Oh well. I have a third chance Tuesday, when I have a secondary interview for the less-desirable (though still interesting) but more get-able job.

If I conducted an interview, I'd ask stuff like: What's your favorite type of candy? Have you ever seen a boy-band in concert and, if yes, which one(s)? If you were a city, which would you be and why? Okay, as an excercise, why don't YOU answer these questions! Thanks in advance for you participation.

Me:
(1) Twizzlers (cherry nibs), followed closely by Redvines black licorice
(2) Yes: New Kids on the Block - August and November '89. (I feel no shame.)
(3) Seattle - cause I like being cool but not acting like I think I'm cool...plus, I'm pretty laid back with periods of stormy/rainy weather.

6 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

1) Dark chocolate - plain or in combination with other ingredients.

2) Nope. There were no popular boy bands when I was the appropriate age for such things. I did see The Monkees on their reunion tour in 1987, though - does that count? They were pretty old by then...

3) I guess Madison - often overlooked, but appreciated by those in the know. Sometimes hot, sometimes cold, but always with a healthy appreciation of cheese (both the foodstuff and parts of the culture that could be defined by that adjective).

Annie said...

1) Haribo grapefruit flavored gummies
2) no boy band viewings by me
3) Montreal because it seems simultaneously cosmopolitan and cozy and looks lovely.

towwas said...

1. I like dark chocolate, too. On the whole, though, I tend to prefer the salty snacks to the candy.
2. No, and I'm so bummed I missed the Backstreet Boys' club tour last year. How hilariously awesome would it be to see the Backstreet Boys at the 930 club?
3. Oslo. Alternately sunny and outdoorsy and dark and indoorsy, cosmopolitan enough but out of the mainstream of tourist destinations.

Anonymous said...

1) Peanunt M&Ms - letting the chocolate melt without breaking the shell is such a rewarding challenge.

2) No boy bands for me either - a combination of not being the right age and not having concert locations close enough to where I lived.

3) Orem, UT - for pretty obvious reasons.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! mcafee virus scan 2005 Norton anti virus pop up blocker virus scan Suction power+household vacuum cleaners Why does my dryer not heat up

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »