Since I'm sure you're DYING to hear about my Christmas/New Year's holidaze, here's a summary:
12/21 - I had a tooth pulled. It didn't come out as easy as hoped, so the dentist employed his tooth saw to grind it to a pulp - or so it seemed. I expected to have some minimal discomfort and be back on my feet in a day, 2 tops.
12/21 - 1 hour post surgery - I RAN to the drug store to fill ye ol' Vicodin prescription. As it turns out, getting a dental extraction hurts like a mother. I spent the following 24 hours in a complete daze. Despite this, I managed to take a train to Mountainview to see Jiggity and exchange presents. I got good loot. He did too.
12/22 - I was asked to send references to that job I applied for (discussed in teleconference with Madison gang). Within 5 hours, I was offered the job. I called and said I'd think about it overnight.
12/23 - Turned down the job. Kept popping Vicodin.
12/24 - Flew to Cleveland via Chicago. Waved to Grrrrbear on the way down and back up again (turns out he was in MN). Entire flying time went something like this: OUUCH!! OUUCH!! Vicodin, vicodin, sleep, sleep, sleep. OUUCH!! OUUCH!! Vicodin, vicodin, sleep, sleep, sleep. OUUCH!! OUUCH!! Vicodin, vicodin, sleep, sleep, sleep. OUUCH!! OUUCH!! Upon landing: ache ache ache ache ache, set presents under tree, ache ache ache ache ache, try to sleep. Vicodin.
12/25 - Presents and Pain (P^2). I enjoyed the former far more than the latter. Stuff aquired: DVD player (to replace the one obtained via the rents who obtained it via some Madison study), coffee maker I can program to grind and prepare coffee for wake-up call, financial assistance for my dental work (what I wanted most ... for reals). As for food, Grams provided a typically scrumptious feast. I drugged up in order to enjoy, sortof.
The remainder of my time back home went something like this:
*- ache, ouch, pain
- Vicodin, vicodin, vicodin
- Nap, nap, nap
- ache, ouch, pain
- Advil, advil, advil
- Nap, nap, nap
- Eat
- Nap, nap, nap
- Ache, ouch, pain
- Vicodin
- Ache, ouch, pain
- Advil, advil, advil
- Eat
- Sleep
(*Repeat)
12/31 - New Year's Eve was great, if not a little wet. Jiggity and I celebrated with his buds and some Dance Dance Revolution (my man has talent!) and I continued to ache. My stitches disolved and string-like matter swam in my mouth until I scouped it out with my pinky. (TMI?)
1/1 - Aching continues. I become increasingly concerned about my mouth as my gums surrounding the pulled tooth quadruple in size. I still have a good day, passing the time with Jiggity and a board game.
1/2 - Something is definitely not right with my extraction. Gums swell to 3-4-times their original size. Worry ruings my sleep.
1/3 - Call doctor. Discuss symptoms. "Why don't you come in today." J.Po opens up. Doc says, "Wow, something's really going on in there!". Doc orders x-ray. X-ray indicates no bone-related problems. Whew. Doc writes prescription for amoxicilin and orders Listerine rinses. J.Po feels relieved that the aching may end soon.
1/4 - Gum swelling decreases by roughly 30%. Throbbing continues, but magnitude decreases.
1/5 - Gum swelling down by 75%, at least. I no longer find myself chomping on soft tissue whilst comsuming food matter. Throbbing stops. Whew.
And we arrive at today - gums totally back to normal. I experience some continued low-grade ache when I open my jaw and insert my fist, but otherwise back to normal. YAY!!! The celebrations can begin ..... uuuuhhhhh. Yea. I totally missed Christmas '06.
Friday, January 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah, you should spend more time hanging out in my/J.Bro's office. Except that I'm not allowed to use it anymore...
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Radar detector cars Suzuki sidekick fuel filter sports in world war 2 Yellow scapolite rings Proactiv repairing lotion blemish free mackage coats
Post a Comment