Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sometimes Things Work Out!

YAY! I have the perfect-case-scenario job hunting situation right now. Over the last week, my interest in the "old" #1 job option has fallen behind my current interest in the "old" job #2 option. But the #1 job is in a program of high prestige, so I didn't want to have to turn down an offer out of fear of ruining my future. So the great part of the story is that job #1 had an internal candidate they decided to hire, as I sensed after my interview when the director asked a colleague about openings in his group on our way out the door. I got a personal call with that "bad" news this morning - with the added information that they would love me to work for them in the future and that they will send my resume on to others in their division....and that they'll contact me if anything opens up in their group in months to come. At the same time, job #2 is aggressively following up with my references and it looks like I may get an offer soon. Which I will take - and which I may have the opportunity to leave if it doesn't work out and if job #1 has openings. And dude, I'll have my own office.

8 comments:

towwas said...

dude, you are on FIRE. that is so excellent. Yay for perfection! Now I bet you're glad you turned down that other offer!!

Stacey Pelika said...

Hooray! It's so nice when things come together that way.

My latest professional news is that my department apparently lost my course evaluations from last semester, which is, well, not a good thing.

Annie said...

woooooo hoo! An office to call your own! Is that the one next to the Starbucks and bargain-outlet entenmann's pastries (up one block from Starbucks is the Bargain Entenmann's store) near my old pad?

J.Po said...

I can't even express how glad I am about turning down the other offer. I'm much more fired up about serious mental illness. And yes, Sophist, I may very possibly be working a mere 1.5 blocks away from the Bargain Entenmann's store, used epidermic needles and all. Cherry-cheese danish, here I come! As for you, Spicey, that is so so so sad that the course evaluations may be lost. Did you make copies before the loss?? Eeks.

J.Po said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacey Pelika said...

No - I never got to see them!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Lesbian school girls teacher Scateboard backpacks One piece sitting sofas Vacuum cleaner consumer reviews Diana air rifle model 50 air rifle Player radio mp3 Leather hippy hobo handbag ringtones for blackberry 7100

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »