Thursday, January 26, 2006

YAR!

I think I just got a job offer - or at least a statement that one will be coming in the near future. (Business with HR ... you know ...) YAY! Plus, my future supervisor expressed the importance of taking a week or two or three between jobs for some down time. What this says to me: "I understand the importance of the work-life balance." Good sign

5 comments:

grrrbear said...

Plus it probably also means you don't go on their books until February.

Congrats on the offer! I'm so excited for you. now all you need is a high-backed chair in your office so you can make dramatic "whirl-around" movements at appropriate times.

"I'm not actually a health official, you know. I'm actually...[whirls around dramatically, revealing herself in full fire fighter uniform]...a fire woman!"

DUM DUM DUM!!!!

Stacey Pelika said...

Woo hoo!!!

Anonymous said...

I second the congrats and woo-hooing and the hoping that you get a chair with a back. Or maybe one of those swedish ergonomic chairs you have to kneel on. No, no - a chair with a back.

towwas said...

Yayyyyyy for work-life balance!!

OleNelson said...

Congrats!

I once got the same schpiel about waiting a bit before starting the job. Only later did I discover that, since I started after (JUST a little bit after) July 1, I got no vacation days for the first six months. Sneaky, huh?