I'm in Public Health. I KNOW the U.S. has a craptastic health care system. I've witnessed this first-hand a few times in my life - the worst was the fall of 2000 (Spice can chime in on that). But each bad experience with our disasterous system catches me off guard - and I'm reminded of why I got into public health in the first place.
Yesterday I finally got signed up with HealthNet - retroactive for September 1st. They signed me up for a primary care physician who, as it turns out, is NOT accepting new patients. So I call back and switch to someone else who, by the information given on the web site, IS accepting new patients. When I call that doctor's office, it turns out she's NOT accepting new patients. Fuckin' A. So now I'm calling every office that appears to have a primary doctor accepting new patients. My success rate is about 50%. The best story yet: calling an office of a doctor that doesn't actually exist. They acted as though I'm an idiot. I think HealthNet and their outdated crappy website is at fault here.
I wish I could return to my horrible, low-service, high-cost student health insurance. I never thought I'd say that. Blah.
Friday, September 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Now HealthNet's phoneline is experiencing 'system problems'. Total rediculousness.
I just called the office of a PCP that only accepts HIV+ patients. You'd think they would give this information in the catalogue.
Enjoyed a lot! Best rated handheld barcode scanner car accidents in the uk 1994 honda radiator bleed motels in cordele ga. Conferencing inc system video Wyndham hotel reservation cordoba bag laptop Creditcard issuingencoding software program downloads Internet marketing tutorial 3 1971 ford f 100 ice machine for home Symptom withdrawal valtrex Celexa infertility
best regards, nice info Little+girls+upskirts Overnight delivery ritalin Cheerleading logo jackets big bird hiking island funny answering machines beaufort hiking Cordless business phones
Post a Comment