My grandmother died today. On my dad's side. She was 90 and had been suffering Alzheimer's and Parkinson's for 10 years. I've been mourning her since her illnesses began, but today my sadness hit a peak.
This certainly puts things in perspective.
I miss her.
Tuesday, September 28, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that - my sympathies to you and your family. I feel like Alzheimer's is a particularly hard disease to deal with, since you simultaneuosly feel like you missed your chance to tell them goodbye but can't feel like they're gone yet. I hope this is able to bring you some closure.
Gosh, that's sad. I'm sorry.
At first I was worried that it was the famed Grandma Dlugo.
At this point I'm sort of glad I have no grandparents left, as I think at least four people I know have recently lost one or are about to lose one. Plus one person who lost a father.
I'm sorry to hear that sweetie. I feel your pain a little though, as my grandma on my mom's side was just diagnosed. She's started medications, but the doctors figure it'll only help for about 3-4 years.
I hope you're hanging in there, and at least can start the grieving process now. much luv.
Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »
Post a Comment