Wednesday, September 08, 2004

People, Where Are You?

I am a social person.

I like being around people.

I go crazy when too much time passes without interaction.

But I work in an office mostly alone.

50% of the time, Gabe is here.

The other 50? Michael Stipe, Peter Buck, and Mike Mills are my companions.

I am lonely.

And I'm going bonky.


7 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

If it makes you feel any better, I spent the day reading about poor people and how crappily our country treats them!

Dern said...

My day at work involved; budget costs for a heating/cooling system, trying to figure out if a filter that a contractor is proposing is the same as what we said to use, discussing hydraulic calculations of a fire sprinkler system......and mostly spending solitary time...yeah go white collar....
(Actually, I'm not entirely sure what you meant by your poem....see post by Gabe.....ROTFL, LOL, WTF)

Sherry said...

You know, I spend the biggest part of my day here at home sitting in front of a computer, either screwing around in general or looking for a job in particular, and I have a little mantra running in my head the entire time. It goes like this, "I'm lonely and I'm bored." Having the dog alleviates this feeling a little bit, but most of the time it is there. So, since you are lonely and going bonky in the head, and I am too, maybe we could just agree that since there is someone else out there who feels the same way that we won't be lonely or bonky anymore. What do you think? :)

Sherry

grrrbear said...

What I did at work today:

1) Industrial espionage - gathering pricing from competitors for a bolting lock.

2) Adjusted sell prices on miscellaneous hardware items where our costs are increasing due to China's insatiable demand for stainless steel.

3) Took a interviewing candidate on a tour of the facility.

4) Talked with a supplier to identify what "CRS Steel" is (for those who are curious, it stands for "Cold Rolled Sheet" and is incredibly generic).

5) Played with weather measuring equipment.

Yes, my work life is non-stop action. I tell you, if it wasn't for the fistfuls of pure crystal meth I ingest regularly, I'd never keep up.

Dern said...

I think I'm joining the bonky club; seems if I only have a few things to do I get bored. Today's work: Managed to resolve that filter issue, finished looking over those sprinkler drawings and product cut sheets, spent time trying to justify to an owner why a separate equipment purchase package takes more time than what is "normal". Slow days.....hopefully the cost of metals will go down sometime and construction picks back up again. How are things over there?

J.Po said...

Thanks, all, for letting me know that much of America experiences the same blah that I exerience once in a while. I am making moves to spice things up.

But for now, things are much better because I've taken a personal day...or two.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Car care product wax polish 20 ice cream machine recipe. http://www.bontrilbuy.info La web servers Gus paulos chevrolet soup kitchens suffolk county ny Portable air conditioners and long beach2c ca Dei alarm systems oak kitchen Valtrex negative effects Oldsmobile keyless entry remotes