Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Ditty

A few quick comments:

- Went to see Snow Plow (Snow Patrol) last night at the Warfield. They definitely rocked out, in a loud and ear numbing kind of way. Their light display amounted to lots of colored spotlights zooming around the audience, shocking concertgoers into pseuro-drug-influenced convulsions. As companion R.Ko commented, "It was a bad sign that their first song is my favorite song off the album." My advice for the band: go with the softer, more acoustic sound...you always ruin a good tune by totally rocking out a little too hard...you want to get the audience just to the edge but not over the edge of total rock-out...and you said fuck too much, although it was said in a lovely Irish accent. I'm guessing the concert was much like the Sonic Youth experience on the REM Monster Tour. Sensory overstimulation and slight hearing loss. I'm making this sound like I totally hated the experience, which is not true. I had a genuinely good time. But I would have been just as happy at home watching 'Extreme Makeover Home Edition: How'd They Do That?!?'

- I was on jury duty this week and I TOTALLY didn't have to go to the courthouse. I was really really hoping and praying that this would happen, given that I have to show up in satin and tulle on Friday to observe and support the BK and CF nuptials. I completely gambled, I know. But I thought it likely that I'd get my duty out of the way for the year while sitting at work.

- Ballet class the day after a 25 mile bikeride is more difficult than ballet class the day after sitting on the couch watching movies. I was really off yesterday and the teach was correcting me right and left. In other ballet news, however, my seat is TOTALLY firming up. I'm loving it.

- I have a crush and I don't know what to do about it. I feel like a silly schoolgirl again.

- Coffee serves multiple purposes in my life, including medicinal ones.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

j. po - i can't beleive your bike-mates wouldn't go for the wine tasting! what a geat way to ease the pain of a 25mi ride!
one of those bike-mates was likely one that also complained about last night's show being too loud and the inopportune placing of her favorite song...
;>)
coffee as a laxative?

J.Po said...

Hooray for Sheepish...officially marking his flirtations with the blog world. And yes, you are correct about the 'loud show' critic and the laxative-like qualities of coffee.

Here's hoping the coffee (a'hem) is good in Idaho!

Anonymous said...

don't let sheepish fool you - he's a proud proponent of the coffee enema.

i say jump on that crush while you can!!!

grrrbear said...

Yay! J.Po has a crush, woo-hoo! Go for it girl. I did and look where it got me. And since you've got the seat now, you might as well use it to your advantage, right?

Anonymous said...

What a great site Tadalafil genetico in italia Mercedes benz apprenticeship tech usa Head gasket 2002 jeep grand cherokee cosmetics Free ativan without a prescription Craps in land based casinos beautiful image cosmetics Composting for home gardens adhd meds.com lortab ritalin pharmacy buy vicodin celebrities who've had cosmetic surgery

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »