Monday, May 09, 2005

The Wedding Marathon Begins!

Yo!! The Po had the most fantastic weekend, mostly because of the 'I Do' festivities on Friday.

CF (now CFK, or CF professionally) is officially married to BK and their ceremony may count as the sweetest and most tear-jerking I've ever seen. Unlike some weddings I've been to (Spice knows which one I'm talkin 'bout), I KNEW these two were TOTALLY happy to be getting married.

The most adorable part of the entire ceremony for me was when I was walking down the isle - the first bridesmaid to appear - and I looked at the groom and found his eyes turning red and his huge grin bordering on gleeful sobs. He was truly overwhelmed with joy. And when he viewed his gorgeous bride on her father's arm walking down the isle and looking straight at him, I saw a tear or two well up in the corner of his globes while his smile turned to quivers. I don't think I've ever seen a man so incredibly thrilled at the moment of his marriage.

Apparently, he'd been quite anxious/nervous for some time prior to the ceremony and was dancing the robot to stay calm. (He does a damn good robot!) And when he was standing at the alter, his brother (and best man) was whispering in his ear, "you're dancing the robot ... think of the robot ... " and other calming and encouraging words. SO SWEET!

I think the entire wedding party, if not the entire audience, cried at some point during the ceremony. Thank god I stuffed a tissue in my bouquet.

After saying their I Dos and promanading out of the service, BK and CFK opened the floodgates and expressed their unquestionable devotion and love.

In other news:

- The food was really amazing and the spread included bacon (bits for the pasta salad)
- The DJ really knew how to get the crowd dancing and chose to play ACTUAL vinyl
- We danced the Electric Slide to that song that includes the line "hotel, motel, Holiday Inn...if your girl starts acting up, then you take her friend"
- I attempted to institute a catwalk a la RV's wedding - with no success
- More than one person said to me, "I thought bridesmaid dresses were supposed to be ugly; you guys look great!"
- The smarmy bartender, who is roughly a generation above me, said to me "I like your moves out there on the dance floor."
- The kids in the under 8 crowd were cute as heck and the flower girl felt pretty darn special, getting to hang with the bridesmaids in the limo and all.
- The (gay) hairdresser who did all the girls' hair said to me, "Your hair looks great. I love a girl who can do her own!"
- The only trisomy 21 guest in attendance wrote me a note essentially saying that she's glad we're good friends and requesting a photo (actually INCREDIBLY sweet!).
- A friend of the bride and groom made the cake and it was ABSOSMURFLY FANTASTIC!!

A few non-people-related photos coming soon!

Signing off, J to the Po

No comments: