Monday, May 15, 2006

The Real Deal

In reaction to Grrbear's most recent post, I spent several minutes thinking about MY favorite pizza joint, Zachary's. Like Uno and Due in Chicago, Zachary's has 2 outlets - one in Berkeley and one in Oakland - both of which have been in crazy business for years and years. They serve THE YUMMIEST PIZZA west of the Mississippi. No chain store comes close. I think even Grrbear would agree with the limited nature of the menu.

4 comments:

towwas said...

Didn't we go there once? I'd been up north learning about shellfish for a story, and I was planning about staying at your place before heading home. We had pizza for dinner. (The pizza so revitalized me that I decided I could make it the rest of the way home.)

Actually, that may have been another pizza place, but I think I have eaten at Zachary's.

grrrbear said...

My favorite part of the menu? Where they give the disclaimer that they "cannot guarantee perfect halves" when splitting toppings half and half.

It makes me imagine what sort of situation occurred to require that disclaimer. I bet someone sued because they got anchovie on their half...

J.Po said...

TOWWAS, I think we did go there....at least we probably did if it was that time you visited in the east bay. So yummy! I think it's the thing I'll miss the most when I move away.

J.Po said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.