Hey now. It was one hellofa weekend. It feels like two weeks passed since I've been at work, giving me a much-needed fresh look on life ... and work. So here's the run-down on the happenings over the last few, because I'm sure you care.
Friday night: Sophist and I gathered for our long-awaited Sloppy Joe's. We refused to mess with an original recipe and went with a McCormick flavor packet instead - giving us a genuine cafeteriaesque taste. Yummy. To increase the health value of the meal, Sophist also purchased a GIANT BAG of spinach. I recall Sophist saying she could "use it as a pillow until opening the bag". It was that big. For entertainment, we watched the first 2 episodes of North and South, the BBC recreation of the Elizabeth Gaskell novel (not the 80's TV mini-series featuring such fine actors as Patrick Swayze). I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the next two installments.
Saturday morning - afternoon: I had a most delightful outing with B&L at a lovely cafe in Woodside, which had yummy food but crappy service. We left a 55 cent tip after having zero service from our actual waitress. But we had a lovely time anyway, catching up on life and sharing stories of the upcoming wedding, which promises to be a real hoot. I will be assuming the role of shoe and jewlery-buying assistant.
Saturday late-afternoon - evening: Jiggity and I made the second of several trips moving his loot to our new apartment in San Mateo and collapsed all collapsable furniture. Good times, except for all the dust we kicked up and the sneezing that ensued. Yick.
Sunday all day: Official moving day. Wee. I spent most of it scrubbing years of soap scum off of the shower stall, a job that was surprisingly satisfying. With four strong dudes, we had Jiggity's stuff moved in record time and delighted in our efforts over grilled food. Mmmmmm.....meats. The remainder of the day was spent making one more trip from the old place to the new with breakables and doing some unpacking. Wee again.
Monday: The focus was on relaxation. After waking late, we took a 10-minute stroll to downtown, bought some breaky, and ate in the local (lovely) park. Back at the ranch, we did some reading, hooking up of electronics, lounging, and napping. Then, one more trip to the old place for continued cleaning and crap-carting. And in the evening, we bought burritos from the local SF Mission transplant and took in a movie - Over the Hedge. It was delightful and appropriately suited to our exhaustion.
All-in-all a rediculously productive and exhausting weekend. But I woke up more rested than usual today because I got to sleep in 30-minutes longer than usual this morning. Yay.
In three weeks, I get to do it all over again when I move my crap from Berkeley to San Mateo. Joy.
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
dem joes wuz tasty.
MEAT!
Man, it's been months since I've had a real sloppy joe...mmmm...
Although I did have a burger made of buffalo yesterday, and that was pretty sweet.
So jealous of your workless streak...
Hey, so you're in San Mateo? I missed that before. So, peninsula life. Hey, I might get to go out to your neck of the woods for work in the early fall - I'll keep you posted.
YAY TOWWAS!!! I hope I get to see you! We have to live up the 2004's record of 3 encounters!!!!!!!!
Hey, I wanna meet TOWWAS!!
Very nice site! » »
Keep up the good work opt in email pascal morabito eyewear Tom tom go700 gps car http://www.computer-science-6.info/Overhead-projectors.html Guardian dental insurance plan uk naacp leadership training Liposuction renton
Post a Comment