Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Vegas, Baby

So I took my first trip to Vegas over the weekend and, I have to say, I had a much better time than expected. The highlight of the trip was seeing the Blue Man Group at the Venitian. In a word, it was bizarre. Bizarre in a very very good way. I recommend checking them out, yo.







I would say more about the trip except that I'm nursing a head cold and a very burnt belly (much time spent at the Cesar's Palace pool). More to come once I'm on the mend....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

" Oh, no, no. I’m not in the group yet. No, I’m afraid I just blue myself"
http://the-op.com/media/sound.php?aid=101

towwas said...

I saw the blue man group once, as part of moby's big summer show. I thought they were trying too hard to be quirky. Maybe they work better in their own show.

OleNelson said...

I had my first Vegas trip ever just about a year ago. And while fun, it was a bit of a let-down.

The whole place seemed to be this weird mash-up of family friendly (Celine Dion, for instance) and super trashy (porn, porn, porn). Weird.

grrrbear said...

They do work much better as their own show in a theater that is designed for them.

TOWWAS, when you come visit I'll get us tickets for the Chicago show and I think you'll enjoy it more.