Thursday, June 01, 2006
az-WEEP-eh
Over the weekend - the weekend I moved by BF's stuff into our soon-to-be-shared apartment - my manipulative ex-boyfriend (known as Asswipe amongst friends) got married to the woman (ex-friend) he started dating a week after we ended our four-year relationship. An interesting confluence of events, eh? Though the actions/betrayal of Asswipe and Ms. Asswipe hurt me deeply for years, I finally got to a point a year or two ago when I didn't care anymore. And when news of their engagement and wedding came along, it both didn't surprise me (in fact I predicted it from the day I learned they started dating) and didn't phase me emotionally. And I settled on the thought, "thank god I escaped THAT one". I remain angry at them and I'll probably always be somewhat angry with them because they completely betrayed my trust and everything, in the end, remained unresolved. But that's okay. Because the abrupt end to my relationships with them was far more possitive than negative. Because, in addition to extracting those poinsonous beings from my life, I learned enough that I was able to end up in a relationship with Jiggity who is, I must say, the exact opposite of Asswipe in all the right ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I take that last sentence to mean that Jiggity dresses in long pants and long-sleeved shirts with dress shoes, topped off with a classy coat rather than a giant tarp. I now envision him looking like a dandy. He must live up to this vision when I meet him in July!
Also, we will have to play Trivial Pursuit so that I can watch Jiggity allow others to move their own pieces around the board.
Will he also talk to strangers that appear in his living room?
Your painful familiarity with Asswipe and all of his flaws definitely allowed you to find a man who is his polar opposite in all the right ways. Thank GOD you didn't settle for Asswipe. My god, I can't imagine what you'd be today. A shadow of your current self.
And yes, Jiggity DOES allow us to move our own pieces on the board when we play games! And he doesn't tell us why our moves are wrong, and what we should have done! And he likes Hot Pockets!
You people are hilarious - and right on the money. Spice, your comment about the giant tarp is laugh-out-loud funny. Really. I constantly ask myself, "What the hell was I doing, staying in that relationship so long?" I think the answer is: some of my issues + a healthy dose of manipulation.
A few points:
(1) Jiggity can dress up real nice. Daper, almost.
(2) He is a very fun and courteous game-player. He's only moved my piece when I've been to lazy to reach over the board.
(3) He frequently talks to strangers. Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to see first-had this fall, TOWWAS.
(4) Not only does Jiggity like Hot Pockets, he also likes Puffins (preferrably the Honey and Rice variety).
yea... make that "dapper" under point 1.
Not "diaper"?
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »
Where did you find it? Interesting read Toyota tacoma child seat bahia honda state park Contraindications niaspan lipitor patagonia primo jacket archives texas lottery past results Free relocation guides A natural remedy for acne baseball bat Side effects of effexor venlafaxine Seo laiuse Prom dress stores in ny Subaru impreza 2000 U haul truck rental company
Post a Comment