Why ever did I decide to paint my room cotton candy pink* during the summer of 2003? I'm kicking myself now - because that fatal decision is turning my weekend into a marathon of re-painting activities.
In preparation, I took a trip to the local Ace Hardware last weekend to purchase paint and various paint accessories. Did you know there are, like, eleventy-billion** shades of white and 5 options for finishing quality (from matte to shiny)? Holy b'jeezus! I couldn't tell the friggin' difference from one can to another. Really. The only clear distinguishing feature about each one is its title -- Navaho White, Blankets of Snow, Marshmallow, etc. I decided to go with White Linen with the eggshell finish, mostly because it sounds so Nantucket.
What I want to know is, who in the world gets the job of naming shades of household paint? Seems to me, that's the best job in the world.
* the official name was Embrace
** thanks, J.Bro - love that number!
...and an overall stylistic thanks to Grrrbear. The asterick system sure makes blogging fun! WEE!!
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Painting, ugh. That sounds like a pain in the butt. Did you at least enjoy the bright pink while it lasted?
Blending the last post and this post, this weekend I was at the top of Grizzly Peak in Berkeley, and I saw the giant upside-down triangle draped on twin peaks, which from my vantagepoint appeared to be "Embrace" colored.
Yay!
Excellent, love it! » »
Post a Comment