Since we didn't have enough going on in our lives - with the 35-odd hours of paiting and cleaning over the weekend and a flight to Alaska this evening - Jiggity and I decided to go to a Goo Goo Dolls/Counting Crows concert last night. Though I was mostly going to keep the manfriend company, I had a solidly good time. Here were some observations:
(1) I never realized that I know a hell-of-a-lot of Goo Goo Dolls songs. They've gotten some serious radio play over the years.
(2) For some reason, I think of Grrrbear when I hear the GGDs. I think he had their first album in college???
(3) The Counting Crows put on a good show. They know how to mix it up - putting a new spin on an old favorite. "Rain King" was a particular highlight. They really rocked out in the beginning and end and threw in some lines from "Scarborough Fair" when they took it down a notch in the middle. I think the song went on for 15 minutes or something.
(4) The lead singer for the CCs looks like Sideshow Bob, except that his shoes are smallish.
(5) The lead singer (I should just learn his name, damnit) thinks that we're all "f*cking as*holes" if we don't vote.
In other news, I got 6 hours of sleep last night and I have 7 more hours of work. Then I get to go home and spend 45 minutes madly packing before we go to the airport. I used to do this kind of thing all the time when I was 23, but I just can't handle it anymore. Blech.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck with the time crunch, and HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!
Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
Ativan without a prescription online Chevrolet abs module mercedes parts didrex cod delivery phendimetrazine c.o.d accepted fast shipping Saturday delivery overnight didrex cell phone Buy phendimetrazine sr Insurance list new property site Canadian payment processing merchant accounts liposuction in austin texas Biblical quit smoking to ways phendimetrazine online Phendimetrazine mail on line Honeywell f50 f1065 air cleaner cell Golf disc reviews ppalm shareware phendimetrazine fastin buy phendimetrazine venlafaxine withdrawal
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Adwarespyware dual tray printer Blocker+pop+sign+stop+up milf rita Mitsubishi 3000 gt 2793 Contact lenses eye care craniofrontonasal dysplasia
Post a Comment