Monday, June 05, 2006
movin
Dude. Moving is kindof a pain in the ass. My biggest issue lately is how to decide what to get rid of - particularly when it comes to clothing that is completely functional and (this is the hard one) papers and notes and exams and publications from courses over the last 10 years. Does anyone out there have a rule regarding how to decide what to keep and what to toss? HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Basically, unless it has tremendous historic or personal value - if I haven't used it, worn it, or eaten it within a year than I pitch it.
I keep everything. Who knows, I might decide I like flannel shirts again someday.
I tried pitching stuff when I moved but ended up keeping loads of crap. It's so hard to get rid of stuff!
I have stuff in my attic that I haven't touched since I moved in five years ago - I'm thinking some of that should go when I move next year (hopefully).
I did recently reduce my flannel shirt collection to one, though. I kept the only flannel I thought was small enough that I could still wear it. It was kind of sad to dispose of some of my favorite mid-90s shirts...
My flannel total, like Spice, is one. I widdled it down to one the last time I moved and wore the flannel a total of zero times in the last 4 years. I will not rid of it, however. What if the 90's come back, retro style?
Is it the Cap'n Mikey flannel? That was a nice one.
Post a Comment