All you Netflix users out there (especially the ladies), leave this blog location immediately and go to your Netflix lineup to put North and South at the top of your list. You will not be disappointed.
One woman trying to uncover the mysteries of everyday life.
16 comments:
Thanks for the image - I was thinking ya'll were getting hot and bothered by a made for TV miniseries about the Civil War...
which was weird.
Wow. It gets a 9.4/10 on imdb from 752 votes!
That's crazy.
Okay, it's been Netflixed. I thought it was entertaining that the first thing on the list of other things enjoyed by people who enjoyed it was the other (Swayzeian) North and South! If people are comparing it to the BBC Pride and Prejudice (Firth!!!), it has to be good.
It's BETTER than BBC Pride and Prejudince! (and, thus, better than the civil war N&S)
It was way hotter than P&P. And more political, too. Don't get me wrong, before I saw this, I thought P&P was the best thing EVER. But now I know it's N&S. Just a warning, the first episode is a little bit slow. But HANG IN THERE, it's WELL WORTH IT!!!!
Gosh. With recommendations like that, I'll try it - it's at the top of my Netflix queue.
It's arrived (both discs!)...and perhaps will be viewed this very evening!
Oooooo....how exciting..... I'll be sure to wait and phone you after your marathon viewing!
Disc 1 has been completed. We have named the male lead "Jackenhaal" because he looks like a combination of Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal.
We're now on a hiatus before Disc 2, which might happen tonight and might not...
Okay, we're done. It was good...but H.Go and I both liked both P&P's better (the Keira Knightley one is quite good - way better than I expected).
We lost it at the end when they're at the train station and he takes her hand - H.Go missed it (she was doing some needlepoint), and I said "You just missed the this-kind-of-movie version of sex!" Then we laughed a lot - I had to pause it until we were done.
Also, is it me or do the Brits seem to have a thing with the brooding men? It can be very sexy, for sure, but there's only so much glowering and glaring that one man can do!
I think I liked North and South so well because I'm fascinated by the Industrial Age and child labor, etc. Plus, that hand-holding scene was so amazingly cathartic! WOWZERS! My favorite character was that one guy who broke the strike. So tender and tragic! ...and his little boy was adorable!
I spent much of today imitating Jackenhaal's dominant expression, which is also the expression he's displaying on the front of the DVD package in the photo above.
I liked it when he ate stew with the workers. And when he wore particularly festive cravats.
Also, H.Go is now claiming that she has 'cotton lung.'
The swirling cotton was pretty cool.
I loved the industrial setting of the whole thing. I enjoyed P&P but had more trouble understanding them because none of the people had to work... they just mysteriously had 10,000 pounds a year from their estate.
The hand-holding scene was so awesome. But my favorite scene was definitely when Thornton and Higgins made amends. How heartwarming!
best regards, nice info » »
best regards, nice info Ativan drug prescription The fitness company morristown fast losing weight thin waist divorce law in louisiana explaination smartphone pda c band tv guide fitness trainer Tv guide critics 1960 Driver sony handycam dcr-trv245e what to do after rhinoplasty free server software and domains Free lg real ringtone Wisdom tv miami Vicodin vicoden
Post a Comment